Here I will give you tips for putting together a Bath Time Themed Gift Basket for $30-40 (depending on the container you choose), and everything in it will be absolutely useful!
You can go with a traditional bag or one of these containers. But if you want to really make your gift stand out, consider putting the items in a baby bathtub! Here are some great options:
What to Put in the Basket
Baby wash, shampoo, and lotion
- Get the most bang for your buck and pick up the Johnson’s Baby Beginner Gift Set:
- Sure you can buy the name brand baby wash cloths, but you’ll be wasting your money. These cloths from Dollar Tree are equal quality to the Circo brand cloths, but you’ll save $5.
Hooded towels (2)
- These help keep baby warm by keeping his head warm while drying him off.
Pitcher or bucket
- Head to your local dollar store and pick up anything that could be used to scoop or hold water. This could be a bucket (like at the beach), a large cup, or pitcher. This is what I use to haul water to my son’s tub since are bathroom is too small to fit his tub in it:
- Some bathtubs may be too big or slippery for a tiny baby, and until the umbilical cord falls off mom won’t be putting baby in a bath tub. That’s where one of these awesome sponge pads come into play. You can lay baby on it to sponge bath him. You can put it in the tub to keep him from sliding around (this one below even features a black temperature strip that changes color to let you know the water temp is just right). Or, you can use it to lay baby on as you dry him off.
*The prices shown are pre-tax and rounded up to the nearest tenth of a dollar. Prices may vary depending on where you live.
For more information on the best (and worst) gifts for baby showers, check out my Baby Shower Gift Ideas page!